Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Year, New Resolutions

1. My first New Year's Resolution was to put all my crazy ideas in one, organized space, with pictures and words that go together and possibly a reader or two. So this is it: a blog where I can share my ideas on what's inspiring me lately, what fashion challenges am I trying to overcome, and generally all things that make me happy-which includes gigantic hairbows and learning about science. Thus, how my boyfriend helped me name my blog. We wracked our brains all Christmas break trying to find a name that fit me, and "The Big Bow Theory" was a dead ringer. (In case you don't know the show, I love CBS's The Big Bang Theory. Go watch it!

2. Wear more pink. To me, pink is a happy color. I look at pink and I get all excited and warm and fuzzy. Sometime in my childhood though, pink was decided to be a "dumb" or "ditzy" color, so I tried to avoid it. At this point, I've decided it's time to get over my fears of the social implications of liking pink. Elle Woods was smart, and she owned pink like it was her business. So there.
http://static.heels.com/images/shoes/main_view/large/ZBGM291_MAIN_LG.jpg?01AD=3sGfkZ7tgMD_dmYRUQOA_IBBBWZL4T9Ed46nb1XYZRSaTfT086yC4LA&01RI=DA01D0C671A3395&01NA=na

The Badgley Mischka "Randee" sandal in petal pink.
Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady (1964)


3. Wear more patterns. Polka dots and stripes don't count, cuz I'm not hesitant about those. It's the flowery, multicolored, potentially clashy patterns that freak me out. But I also know that wearing solid prints 95% of the time is boring, so I've got to get over my aversion to them. There really are some lovely prints out there, I've just got to believe I can pull it off.
Alice + Olivia Pre-Fall Collection, elle.com

Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2013, elle.com

 4. To encapsulate these 7 Habits of Highly Stylish People. Especially #3 and #5.

Thanks for reading my first post! Of course I have to end it with one of my favorite style icons in one of my all-time favorite looks: the one and only Blair Waldorf.
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/17/28/b417280031f0580a7536737d9a496279.jpg
Gossip Girl Season 2 Episode 18: The Age of Dissonance






No comments:

Post a Comment